EISENHOWER PARK MODEL YACHT CLUB
Minutes Meeting Monday January 24 2020
posted January 26 2020
We thank Amanda Damiano, Professor of Communications at Marist School of
Communication for her help and guidance. The group discussed at length the
various methods communicating and advertising our club. The key issues we
face this year is finding and attracting new member.
The following items were discussed at length:
- Poster distribution and placement at libraries and retail locations; including supermarkets, diners, bakeries, bagel
shops, fast food location, gas stations, etc
- Media advertising; Newsday and local organizations news
letters and periodicals
- Direct contact with social clubs and organizations
- Face book-‐site and other Internet opportunities
- Person-‐to-‐Person contact at the park on racing days, Sundays and other times
- Poster placement at any Nassau County park facilities; golf course office, driving range,
main building, wherever bulletin boards are available
- Placement of a large canvas signs on the fence(s) at strategic locations at the park
- Issuing Press releases of Club special events.
- Posting sailing club videos on U-‐tube, including how to build, tune or join the club
- Direct mail flyers to possible organization who may support the efforts of the club
- Making presentations to social, environmental and senior center organizations
- Posters or flyers to local police and fire department organizations in Nassau County
- Deliver poster-‐flyers to local area parks and playgrounds that have bulletin boards
- Prepare a video presentation showing how and where the club functions that can be emailed or target organizations.
EISENHOWER PARK MODEL YACHT CLUB
Minutes Meeting Monday January 6 2020
posted January 7 2020
The Board of Director's met at Panera's Restaurant at 10:30am with
Kenny, Murray, Frank and Eli in attendance.
Items discussed are as follows:
- Active and inactive members list was reviewed. We find that eleven members actively sailed last year. The board will increase efforts to recruit new members this year.
- The board agreed that in view of adequate funds in the Club's bank account no dues would be collected from new and existing members this year.
- Finding avenues to reach new members was discussed and the following methods are planned for this year.
- Facebook: Eli will meet with Mark Moskowitz and explore how we can use Facebook to attract new members.
- Newsday: Frank will try again to contact someone at paper. Anyone having a contact at the newspaper should contact Frank C.
- We will reach out to local community newspapers and periodicals.
- Libraries and local senior centers and clubs. Murray has prepared a flyer with photos that can be placed in libraries. Each board members has volunteered to go to the sites and place the flyers especially libraries. As soon as the flyers are printed we will start the effort.
Kenny is looking to a presentation at the library in Levittown. If successful the presentation program will be tried in Westbury.
- Display of Boats at Parking Lot #6 Frank suggested and has volunteered to set up his boats on a table on the grass strip adjacent to the parking lot #6. The idea is to hand out fliers and information about the club. Fliers and applications would be available.
- Practice sailing Sat March 21, Tues March 24, Sat March 28, Tues March 31.
- Buoys in the water will be scheduled prior to March 21 on a day to be advised. Prior to that day and depending on weather and temperature we will be preparing the buoy for the season. A notice will be sent to all members advising the date and time for this event.
- The weather has moderating and special sailing opportunities may arise this winter. A notice will be sent out one day prior to the day inviting sailors to come to the lake if weather is promising.